Tuesday, April 9, 2024

1, 2, 3 Celebrate!

Our home has been celebration central lately with so many events back to back. My birthday and Easter were in the same weekend with more birthdays just days after. Nikolas turned 21 one this year! What a joy! I couldn't help feel the weight of the moment--we've come so far! Years ago, two lovely and faithful ladies, a bit farther along in life than myself, were such an encouragement to me as a mom of a strong willed child. They promised me that if I remained faithful, consistent, and loving, this spirited and intelligent boy would become a well equipped, independent, loving blessing to me around 19-22 years of age. While I was knee deep in discipline and really hard days, I often felt like it would be a miracle if we just made it to 20! And yet, here we are. And they were so right! Nikolas is a huge blessing, very intelligent, independent, and is such a love--God is good and Nikolas is a gift. <3 THANK YOU Debi and Fran for your loving encouragement which carried me through many a tough time over the years. Happy Birthday Nikolas! Welcome to full fledged adulthood. We are happy to have you with us <3
Now the day after Nikolas' birthday, we celebrate Bethany. :-) This year, Bethany said good bye to the teen years and stepped into 20. She's pretty happy to be a 20 something. :-) Happy birthday Bethany!
We had birthday dinners and cake for each of them. Nikolas tried his hand at making Grandma McMahon's recipe for old fashioned red velvet cake. He was pleased with it, but plans to try again with maybe a tweak or two. Bethany chose a chocolate raspberry cake. I will say, those fresh raspberries made the cake!
The day after their birthdays, Nikolas and Bethany celebrated their one year of dating anniversary--I'm telling you, clebrations galore here! ;-) They had their own day of celebration and we had left over cake together after dinner. :-)
Now for a breather--for exactly 30 days--before the jam packed month of May arrives! :-)

No comments: