Tuesday, April 30, 2024

The Time Has Come

You may remember that a bit ago I had said I was leaving Blogger--and then I came back. At the time, I wanted off of Google and was searching for a new platform. Unable to find something suitabe, I returned. However, the company that makes my blog books (which replaced my baby books for family history) is closing this month, which means, my blogging days have come to an abrupt stop. Sad face.
I suppose I knew it was coming, and I probably should have stuck with my intution when I initially signed off. There is so much of an emphasis on all things digital and so little appreciation for actual tangible items, especially in the way of memories, that these books have become somewhat of a relic. I will miss these books. They are quite the treasure. But alas, all that begins has an ending. My Blog days aren't the only thing coming to a close. Today marks the official close of Oregon Hill Farms under the lead of my parents. Nineteen years of production--what a great run!
Now my parents are looking to start the next chapter of life, which begins with them relocating out here near us. What a big change it will be for us all! The sale of the business and relocation means major adjustments for my parents, Daniel and his family, and my family and me. So this is it...drumroll please...the beginning of something new sarts NOW! May God bless it all and lead every step.
Goodbye Blogger. It's been real. It's been fun. It's been real fun. :-) Don't be strangers now. You know how to reach us. Keep in touch. Godspeed <3

No comments: