Sunday, April 7, 2024

Half a Century

Birthdays are wonderful things. They mark important milestones in life. They celebrate the gift of life itself. Some birthdays are seen as bigger than others, though every day of life is a miracle. Ten, 13, 16, 18, 20, 21, 30, 40--are all seen as "big" moments, but I will say, 50 really did feel like a bit of a monumental milestone. It's weird to think that I'm now half a century old. I had a lovely birthday, filled with thoughtfullness. Sonja made lavender scones to start my day which I very much enjoyed with my coffee.
John and I spent the day at a winery. The weather of the day was beautiful. We learned about the winery, lunched on the terrace and enjoyed birds singing and the sound of the waterfall, we strolled the grounds and sat in the swing sipping. We had a snack on the deck and sipped a bit more while we chatted. The hostess gifted me a glass of birthday bubbles--it was very sweet of her and the bubbles were tasty.
We returned home to meet up with the family for dinner. We enjoyed a delicious sushi dinner.
After dinner, dessert was at home. Sonja made chocolate dipped strawberries and Nikolas made pretty chardonnay jellies.
I received thoughtful gifts and cards. Sonja's hummingbird card was impressive.
They day was very enjoyable. I was blessed to share it with my people. Thank you Lord for another year!

No comments: